Saturday, March 31, 2007

Finished object (singular)

I finished one of my Fetching wristwarmers!! I did cast on and work a few rows of the 2nd one, but couldn't wait to get started on the Thuja socks that I bought the yarn for yesterday, so I did the cuff and started on the seed stitch rib for those tonight instead. I am following all the posts I've seen and advise I got to knit them on size 4 DPN even though pattern calls for size 6. A little worried because at this point to get the cuff around my calf will probably have to really stretch and I've got size 10 feet... but I'm going to have faith. Worst case scenario, I give them to someone with smaller feet like my dear sister or nieces... (shhh... Melissa, don't read that part) ;-)

fetchingfetching2thujacuff

I really dig the fetchings - I lengthened the hand part by a few rows and also the thumb section. Naturally I have to make the second one match the first, but I think for the next pair I make (and there will be another) I'll skip the picot bind-off and keep the extra length, maybe even add another cable at the fingers. I alternate between really liking the look of the picot and really not liking it. I guess how I make the second pair depends on how my most recent feeling at the time. Although I like the Lion Brand Wool-ease (definitely cheaper) I would like to try a pair with the Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran. Naturally, I really feel like hitting the yarn store tomorrow to pick a color, but I probably should finish the other 3-4 projects I have.

No comments: