Tuesday, March 27, 2007

The first blog post....

The first blog post - being the 'techy' sister, I'll get this started and hopefully I won't be the only poster, after a while of course....

I uploaded to flickr some pics of my most ambitous knitting project to date. It started as a simple booga bag inspired by a knitting shop near my mom. But since it was a present for my dear sister, of course I had to raise the bar a little. I added some plastic canvas to support the base and sides, added a fabric lining, some grommets, a magnetic snap and a clip for keys. Now I just have to make one for myself.... it has 20 rows to go, still on the circular needles - and naturally I have gotten distracted to another project. Any bets on when I'll actually finish it?!?

finishedbag1 (more pics on flickr)
Project: Booga Bag http://www.blacksheepbags.com/booga_bag.html

Yarn: Noro Kureyon (I'll have to go look up the colorway)

Needles: 10 1/2 circulars

Modifications: a lining, grommets for the straps, magnetic closure
lined bag

]]>

No comments: