Friday, March 30, 2007

LYS sale = stash



-
-
I had pledged not to build a 'stash', that is not to collect yarn for future projects because I already have a large quilting fabric/project backlog. My LYS sale tested my resolve. I think I did okay.... here are my purchases, and rationalizations.... (I just realized the beauty of the blog shared with my sister - my very disciplined, non-stash-oriented sister - it's like accountability therapy for me!)

purpleblue

1) Cotton Rich - Cascade yarns, a new yarn at my local shop - very soft, mashine wash/dryable. The project: baby bib and two-color mason-dixon burp cloth. The rationalization: I was planning on a project for a baby boy due in 5 weeks.... (never mind that I have a blue-toned Peaches 'n Cream ball just sitting there..... waiting.....)

artyarn.jpg
2) Artyarn Supermerino- The project: my first pair of socks. The rationalization: As I was talking to a experienced knitter (and sock guru) at the yarn store, she pointed me toward this yarn and the Thuja pattern on Knitty.com. She said it was a good beginner project, and, gosh darn it, I believe her. Thuja Pattern

online.jpg
3) Online Supersocke cotton - Beach color 945 - The project: my second pair of socks. The rationalization: Naturally, I'll finish my first pair of socks, I only have 3 projects before that... and then I'll do these.... and they aren't real socks until they are knit in fingering weight (says the little yarn ho demon in my head).

I would have had a #4 but luckily for my wallet, they only had one skein of Cherry Tree Hill Merino Silk DK which, I have decided, will be the yarn I use when I eventually knit a Clapotis. Granted, I haven't ever had a skein of Lion & Lamb in my hot little hands, but it just seems so expensive.

And all day I was planning on blogging about the decision between knitting a project for yourself or someone else... maybe another day for a treatise on id vs. ego.

]]>

No comments: