Tuesday, April 3, 2007

A sock? I'm knitting a sock??

I never thought I'd be able to do this - as often as I've heard people say it is not that hard, I had sort of put it up on a pedestal - Sock-aliah (my 40-year-old-virgin movie addicted husband has worn off on me!).

I'm actually nearly done with my first sock - just have to finish the foot section and then the toe decreases.Thuja progress

Yes, Melissa, you will be able to knit socks. Just have to dive in!! These may actually end up being yours. I used size 4 needles and I think I probably should have stuck with the size 6 or maybe size 5 for my big ole feet. My only hope is that they are narrow so it will be okay. I think that I'll knit #2 on size 5s and just deal with uneven socks - a learning experience. The yarn is great to work with - I just love how it feels when I knit.

I'm hoping my strategy of alternating projects will prevent the much discussed 2nd sock syndrome - I'll make sure I finish my 2nd fetching glove and then the second sock. I'm trying to save some mindless/non-patterened knitting for work since I have many q3 call nights ahead this month. (hence the infrequent posts)

Thought I would get my act together and post so you have some inspiration while you are on vacation, Liss, and plant the seed that YOU can make socks!

No comments: