Sunday, April 8, 2007

I really do have a sister... and FO's.

So, I know this blog is really supposed to include two people, and while not many people may be reading,I just didn't want anyone to think I was making up a sister. I have been known to have imaginary friends (Wass'up Cotton), but I do really have a sister. She really does knit, cook, sew, etc., but she is on vacation. Seeing as I'm an working a bit more now (and yes, on-call on Easter!!!), Melissa, dear, you might have to pick up some slack!.

Unable to post pics at the moment due to firewall issues, but I finished my Thuja sock! This means I have officially knit a sock, and am therefore qualified to take the Charlene Schurch sock class at my LYS. Drumroll, please... I got the day off that day! With 4 days off this month, it must have been meant to be.

I have also successfully avoided the dreaded Second 'Fetching' Syndrome (closely related to the well known Second Sock Syndrome) and finished my second fetching yesterday. Perfectly time to coincide with the cold snap down in the South. Yea! I'm probably the only one happy it was 33 degrees this morning. I also started the cuff to my second Thuja so I really do plan to finish it. Not to be too selfish with my knitting projects, I started the burp cloth I bought the Cotton Rich for 2 weeks ago. It is fantastic to work with - makes a really dense fabric, knitting it with 7s. I will definitely make some face washcloths with it, it is soooo soft and cushy.

Maybe I'll be able to link some pics tomorrow, but the finished Thuja is on flickr.....

No comments: