Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Rosie joins the family


Well, life without my sister just isn't the same.....so we got a dog, and Rosie seems to have helped assuage some of my usual homesickness for my sister. Mason has turned into Little Cesar, and has whispered his way into Rosie's heart. Don is up running with her in the early morning, and Little MacGyver may actually learn to keep her personal items OFF OF THE FLOOR!!!!!!!!

Curly is still a little shy around her but I'm sure they will be fast friends.

MacGyver is now knitting her first baby hat in the round in Takhi Cotton Classic in hot pink for Anna's baby(one circular needles....not pencils in double point) . It is slow going, but should just about be done by the time Anna gives birth in the middle of winter! I walk by the beginnings of the project and think, would she notice if I picked up her knitting and laid down a few rows, just to help her along? This is when good knitters go bad. If you find yourself being a cobbler's elf at night, just say no....


I am enjoying the book, Yarn Harlot, immensely. Life has been so busy that I can only read a few pages before bed every night, but on the bright side, it is going to last a lot longer that way. The Waterfall sock is coming along nicely. It takes some attention to the pattern, so I'm finding I'm taking more time with the lace pattern on this one. If only I had a week of vacation like someone I know...


1 comment:

Jean said...

We were just commenting that we thought Kookus would have torn up a bed like that given how much she paws at her bed.
Can't wait to see some pictures of the hat!