Monday, October 1, 2007

Waterfall sock #1 is done!


I have finished sock number 1 and number 2 is on the needles, ready to start the lace pattern. I may just finish this sock before then next shipment arrives after all!
I love the Koigu beret, Jean - fabulous. I can't wait to get on Ravelry, either, but I'm going to have to find a weekend to devote to uploading all of my information, and I don't even have a lot of projects going at any one time!
Here is the recipe for the whole wheat bread:
1 1/2 cup minus 2 TBLSP hot water
1/4 cup oil
1/4 cup honey
4 cups whole wheat flour (I use fine ground organic wheat)
1/2 cup bread flour
2 tsp salt
1 tsp vital wheat gluten
1 TBLSP yeast (SAF yeast is the best)
Liquids go in the bottom of the bread maker, then the flour. Salt and gluten go on the top on the sides, and the yeast goes in a well in the center so it doesn't touch the other ingredients.
Settings:
Preheat : 18 min
Knead: 20 min
Rise1: 46 minutes
Rise 2: 50 minutes
Rise 3 - off
Bake: 36 minutes
I love this bread recipe. I hope it works for you!
Melissa

No comments: